X Working!

I nabbed the X server RPM from netwinder.org, figured out how to trick
rpm to dump the binaries without anything being installed and setup
X on my Netwinder running debian!  It nice to have full hardware
accelerated 1024x768x16bit. :)

I am still unable to get ssh to work.  Complains about controling tty.
Xterm is also failing to run (but Eterm and gnome-terminal do work). I
wonder if it is the same problem????

Lastly, gnome-panel refuses to run with some strange dynamic loader
error in the IIOP library about not being able to translate to a
given address or something.

Also, I am unable to get libtool (from unstable) installed using
apt-get, something is mucked in the postinst script I think.  Anyone
else have issues with this?

I will probably make a hack-ored debian package from the Netwinder.org
XF68_SVGA binary and a working XF86Config file.  I really wish I
could figure out the problems with the tty's though, it is a
real pain not being able to run applications (even telnetd won't
work).

	chris

chris mckillop - cdm@debian.org    "The faster I go, the behinder I get."
Debian GNU/Linux - http://www.debian.org/             -- Lewis Carroll