Re: release in 2.2?

>egcs still has problems with optimization, which bites a few packages
>(lynx, libglib, etc).  The problems persist with egcs 1.1.2 (which I
>just uploaded).  As a stopgap, we can patch the packages to not use
>optimization - but I'd prefer a compiler fix.

I think Jim Studt has a hatchet fix that avoids this problem.  It would
probably be suitable for the Debian package in the short term though it won't
be put into egcs proper.

With luck, Debian 2.2 will go out with egcs 1.2, which ought to have a proper
fix for these problems and may even have the Linux/ARM support completely
integrated.  I will make a new patch against the egcs mainline today for
anybody who wants to try it.  But I've no idea whether the release schedules
of the two projects will permit this.

p.