Re: release in 2.2?

In the last mail Matthew Wilcox said:

> On Tue, May 11, 1999 at 09:25:16PM -0500, Jim Studt wrote:
> > I was bulk-compiling my way through the alphabet until real life
> > intruded on me.  The important open issues I have encountered and not
> > resolved (mostly because I don't use the particular library or tool)
> > are...
> [...]
> >  - perl wanders off into infinity in sgml-tools.  This ruins a bunch of
> >    builds that would otherwise work.
>
> Nick Clark has Perl completely working now I believe.  I'm cc'ing this
> to him in the hope that fixes won't be duplicated.

I didn't fix anything in perl (per se)

For perl 5.005_03 compiled with egcs 1.1.1 with glibc2.1 I found 4 perl
regression tests that failed:

lib/anydbm.t		C lib db implementation doesn't like "" keys
io/pipe.t, op/fork.t	StrongARM K bug bites
op/groups.t		C lib doesn't realise that sizeof(gid_t) in the kernel
			is 16 bit.

Apart from that perl works for me, but I've not stressed it hugely, other
than with the regression tests. For comparison, I think I found 2 or 3 core
perl bugs when using my RISC OS perl port, so I've really not been taxing it
that hard on ARM Linux.

what does perl -V tell us about your perl?

Nick