Re: Anyone think they can help out?

[ Sorry for the duplicate, David - I meant to reply to the list, but didn't ]

David Welton <davidw@gate.cks.com> writes:

> > 1) kernel    - get a proper package built.  This means fixing up
> > 2) modutils  - there is a new set of modutils from Corel that matches the new
> > 3) bash      - we're using Corel's libc4/a.out bash so we can boot.
> > 4) glibc     - we want a glibc build with the latest kernel headers.
> > 5) binutils  - if we do use the upstream glibc (2.0.97), we also need to use
> > 6) libstdc++ - We're currently using one from Corel (ie. not built from
> > 7) egcs      - I'm not sure if this is needed to build Mozilla.  I had
>
> These are all kind of inter-related, right?  Well, we could extract
> bash from the mess once we get the FPU thing straightened out,
> correct?  For now, they are all quite related.

Pretty much so.  I'll see if I can get the kernel/modutils stuff
sorted out tonight (there's a new kernel out).  I've got a bit of a
cold, and that is slowing me down.

> > 8) xfree86   - The one we currently are using uses the fbcon device, and does
> >                not properly reset the display when switching virtual consoles.
> >                There is some new X server source from Corel.
>
> Hrmm.. I could take a look at this, but I am also trying to get emacs
> going.  They are both big fat ugly builds:->

Yes, please.

I found this on ftp.netwinder.org:

users/t/tuttle/emacs-20.3-1.arm.rpm 907039380 12309954
users/t/tuttle/emacs-20.3.spec.tar.gz 907045860 6718

So it looks like emacs 20.3 should be buildable.

> > 9) lesstif   - Needed for Mozilla.
> > 10) mozilla  - Raffaele Sena <raff@aromatic.com> has built a version that is
> >                available at:  ftp://ftp.netwinder.org/users/r/raff/
> >                Maybe we can re-use his patches.
>
> It would seem logical of CCC to show this off themselves..

I'd like to have mozilla on my box though.  :-)

> I think some gnome/gtk stuff might be neat.

Agreed.  Hopefully they'll just build.

> Maybe I'll have a go at gdselect (heh..right..with what time?)

I've got to try that soon.  I've got some cool ideas for it.

Cheers,

 - Jim