Re: Failure lauching application since iceweasel -> Firefox

Following dist-upgrade wheezy->jessie, linux prompt could only be reached from 3.2.0-4 sysinit and no screen

startx

mdprobe error /libkmod/libkmod-module.c:816 kmod_module_insert_module()
could not find module by name 'nvidia-current'

Then, I adjusted the sources.list as for my GPU work station, where wheezy->jessie had been carried out long ago:

deb http://debian.netcologne.de/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free
deb-src http://debian.netcologne.de/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free

deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org wheezy main non-free

deb http://debian.netcologne.de/debian/ jessie-proposed-updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://debian.netcologne.de/debian/ jessie-proposed-updates main contrib non-free

i.e., testing -> jessie for proposed updates
       jessie -> wheezy for multimedia

Following #aptitude update/upgrade

startx
gnome-session

performed perfectly.

uname -r
3.2.0-4

i.e., 3.16-0-4 was not used in combination with nvidia. Is my procedure correct or should jessie be used for also multimedia?

thanks

francesco pietra

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 7:56 PM, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 06:57:28PM +0200, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> I fear that on the amd64-gnome box my sources list should be amended:
>
> deb http://debian.netcologne.de/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free

Wheezy is long gone, given jessie was release well over a year ago now.
Might be worth an upgrade.