Re: Failure lauching application since iceweasel -> Firefox

I fear that on the amd64-gnome box my sources list should be amended:

deb http://debian.netcologne.de/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free
deb-src http://debian.netcologne.de/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free

deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org wheezy main non-free

deb http://mozilla.debian.net/ wheezy-backports iceweasel-release

deb http://debian.netcologne.de/debian/ testing-proposed-updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://debian.netcologne.de/debian/ testing-proposed-updates main contrib non-free

root@tya64:/home/francesco# aptitude update
reports
W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
1397BC53640DB551
W: Failed to fetch http://mozilla.debian.net/dists/wheezy-backports/Release: Unable to find expected entry 'iceweasel-release/binary-amd64/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)
E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
E: Couldn't rebuild package cache

thanks for advice

francesco pietra

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 9:47 PM, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 08:17:04AM +0200, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> Here the reply by the developer of Vuescan, who had already let me know
> that he never heard of iceweasel:
>
> This isn’t being started from VueScan code – it’s probably
> > something in a shared library.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ed Hamrick
> >

> so, it seems to be an issue to be resolved within amd64 (Vuescan code works
> perfectly, it is only the updating that failed)

Well I would think something in your gnome settings is doing it.

Did you ever manually answer a question about how to open something and
select iceweasel that way?