Re: Failure lauching application since iceweasel -> Firefox

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 04:08:36PM +0200, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> On last "upgrade" of amd64 wheezy I found Firefox in place of iceweasel.
> OK, except that the single commercial application in my box (Vuescan) now
> fails to upgrade
>

> francesco@tya64:~/Vuescan$ ./vuescan
> gvfs-open: http://www.hamrick.com/upgrade-l64.html: error launching
> application: Failed to execute child process "/usr/lib/iceweasel/iceweasel"
> (No such file or directory)
> francesco@tya64:~/Vuescan$
>

> I was unable to remedy with a softlink. What to do? Thanks

Why would some application be poking at another package's private
internals?  It should not be poking in /usr/lib/iceweasel.  If it wants
to do anything with iceweasel (or firefox) it should use the binary in
/usr/bin to do so.

I don't know who is responsible for gvfs-open trying to do that.