Re: Changing from stable to testing.....

Darn, Thanks sigi for the info. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to reply. Hot hung up on some things. Will see what others have said about things and am glad you gave me the heads up. That type of thing is just what I was/am worried about. Not my idea of a good time. 8^)

Thanks again.
whit

sigi wrote:
Hi Whit, last time I tried to dist-upgrade to squeeze, I got stuck in an (for me) unresolvable loop: The system wanted to upgrade the kernel-image and udev in one run - which failed. apt-get always complained, that the kernel-image needs the new udev-package to upgrade - and udev itself needed the new kernel-image... I don't know, if this problem still exists - if yes: you should find a way of not getting into this loop, where no "apt-get -f install" helped to stop this. I reinstalled lenny after this... ;) Best regards, sigi