Re: Lotus notes oamd64?

On Thursday 16 September 2010 11:30:15 A J Stiles wrote:

> On Thursday 16 Sep 2010, Christopher Judd wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 	I have to install lotus notes here.  Our IT guys have provided me with
> >
> > the file ibm_lotus_notes-8.5.i586.deb (linux support here is minimal).
>
> [stuff deleted]
>
> Did you run ldconfig after you installed the libraries?

I hadn't, but I ran it and it makes no difference.

> In general, it is best not to try to run anything that was not compiled by
> either yourself or your own distro's package maintainers.  Try grabbing
> the "other distro"  (i.e., Source Code)  package and building it yourself.
> If you do this, you'll also need the -dev versions of all packages it says
> it needs.

As far as I know, the source code is not available.  You have to download
binaries from the IBM site.  An IBM ID is required, which is why I had to go
through our IT folks.

-Chris

|   Christopher Judd, Ph. D.                                           |
|   Research Scientist III                                             |
|   NYS Dept. of Health                           judd@wadsworth.org   |
|   Wadsworth Center - ESP                                             |
|   P. O. Box 509                                    518 486-7829      |
|   Albany, NY 12201-0509                                              |

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure.  It
is intended only for the addressee.  If you received this in error or
from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not
distribute, copy or use it or any attachments.  Please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your
system. Thank you for your cooperation.