Re: Lotus notes oamd64?

On Thursday 16 Sep 2010, Christopher Judd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I have to install lotus notes here.  Our IT guys have provided me with
> the file ibm_lotus_notes-8.5.i586.deb (linux support here is minimal).
[stuff deleted]
> Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?  I'd prefer not to have to set
> up a chroot environment just to occasionally run this program (we don't
> have to use it for email).

Did you run ldconfig after you installed the libraries?

In general, it is best not to try to run anything that was not compiled by
either yourself or your own distro's package maintainers.  Try grabbing
the "other distro"  (i.e., Source Code)  package and building it yourself.
If you do this, you'll also need the -dev versions of all packages it says it
needs.

--
AJS
delta echo bravo six four at earthshod dot co dot uk