Re: wpasupplicant in Lenny

Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:

it is not the option, to set an essid I am looking for. I am looking for an option like "any" for wep, so that I can drive around, and get access to ANY wpa access point without no password (like I can do with wep on accesspoints).

The catchword for this is "roaming".
Hi

I don't  understand  you . Let's clarify .
You have multiple accesspoints with WPA encoding using different essid and one the same PSK password ( ! strange ! and insecure :-) What does mean "without no password" - if there is no password then the accesspoints are open not WPA (WPA require that password is at least
8 character long or something like that I can't remember exact number)
If you have such strange situation you can list these networks in wpa_supplicant.conf
But if you want to connect to OPEN not WPA protected networks simply add

network={
       key_mgmt=NONE
}

to your wpa_supplicant.conf file

See /usr/share/doc/wpasupplicant/examples/wpa-roam.conf

Best Regards
Maciek Kaliszewski

Dzien Kobiet dniem wolnym od pracy? Wypowiedz sie i wygraj nagrode! Sprawdz >> http://link.interia.pl/f2076