wpasupplicant in Lenny

Hi all,

as the change of wpasupplicant in Lenny, I looked for an option to specify the
essid in /etc/network/interfaces for WPA to use any AP.

By using WEP, there is the possibility to say "wireless_essid any", so I can
use any AP. I looked for the same feature in wpasupplicant, but it seems,
this is not possible with it, or it is not documented.

So, how do I have to set, when I want to use ALL accesspoints without a PSK
and using WPA/WPA2 ? Besides, may I think wrong and a AP without a PSK and
activated WPA/WPA2 does not encrypt traffic at all?

Thanks for any hints!

Regards

Hans