Re: "big" machines running Debian?

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 03:38:49PM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:41:03AM +1100, Alex Samad wrote:

> You get nice hotswap bay LED control to show which drive has failed
> (I imagine software could do this too, but I have never seen that
> happen yet.)

Since the status of each physical drive is included in the
/proc/megaraid/* then software that monitors the appropriate files will
be able to tell you.  This is one of the requirements for the software
I'm designing.  It will note when a drive isn't optimal and {syslog |
email | wall | whatever}.

Doug.