Re: sources.list: experimental

Hans-J. Ullrich:

> I think my original question was wrong told: It is not a matter of the
> difference between upgrade and dist-upgrade (this difference i well known by
> me), my question aimed more to like "Hey, if there are higher versions in
> experimental, are they automatically installed, when doing apt-get
> dist-upgrade (like it behave, if I am running testing and add the repository
> of sid in sources.list) ? Or are all versions in experimental ignored, as
> experimental is handled in a special way ?"

The correct answer has already been given, but just to make sure: yes,
experimental is handled differently. Apt will never automatically
upgrade a package on your system to the version in experimental (unless
you use pinning for that).

J.
--
In public I try to remain calm and to appear perceptive.
[Agree]   [Disagree]