Re: sources.list: experimental

Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:

upgrade is normal, but dist-upgrade is the "intelligent" upgrade (as you heve to think, before confirming)!

I once saw a good reference to the difference between upgrade and dist-upgrade, and this thread has me wanting to review it. Can anyone point me to the best docs on this?

wajig passes the 'upgrade' and 'dist-upgrade' as a command argument also. Most people wanting to learn the package system will be well served to use wajig as it provides a sane and orthogonal command line interface. See:

http://www.togaware.com/linux/survivor/Wajig_Overview.html
http://wiki.xtronics.com/index.php/Wajig

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

You either have character, or you are a character.