Re: nvidia and latest unstable kernel image

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 11:02:22PM -0500, Seb wrote:
> I still cannot use the new 2.6.25 kernel due to this problem with nvidia
> module, even with the recently available linux-headers-2.6.25-2-amd64
> and image packages.  I'm starting to think that these don't work with my
> card anymore.  If anybody has any further tips, I'd be grateful for
> them.  Thanks.

It compiles and works fine on my machine with those headers.

All you should have to do is:

apt-get update
apt-get install nvidia-kernel-source modules-assistant
rm -rf /usr/src/modules/nvidia-kernel
m-a prepare -t
m-a a-i -t nvidia-kernel
apt-get install nvidia-glx

Then go convince Xorg to actually use the nvidia driver by putting
'driver "nvidia"' in the appropriate section.

Failing to delete any previous version of the module source can cause
compile failures.