Re: How would I get debian unstable?

Hi, I'm the one who asked about getting unstable and the different distributions compared to debian.  I have a few more questions, sorry.  First question:  How would I reply correctly so that my reply is still in the same topic?
Someone mentioned something about apt-get upgrade causing locked packages that won't get upgraded or something...  thats the kind of stuff I want to learn.  How would I learn about how debian works and how to configure it all?  All I have been doing so far is just googling the problems I have run into, but I'm not really learning anything.
Also, when you guys say SUSe do you mean openSuSE?  Because I would like to try it out, but the only one I could find out how to download was openSuSE.
Last question(s), is there a unix one I could get for free?  Are they similar to linux?  What are the differences?

Sythos <sythos@sythos.net> wrote:
Scrive A J Stiles :

> Yes, just edit
> /etc/apt/sources.list
> and change every occurrence of "stable", "etch", "testing" or "lenny"
> to "sid". Then
> # apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
> and you should be good to go.

Brrrrr!

better "apt-get dist-upgrade" to handle in a better way packages replacing
and new dependencies. More better is "aptitude"...

only "apt-get upgrade" may cause a lot of locked packages not upgrade
automagically and the system became too much hybrid...

--
Sythos - http://www.sythos.net
() ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against html/rtf/vCard in mail