Re: boot screen

Hi,

  Thank you for the pointer to the web site.  I tried setting vga=ask and that worked.  When I rebooted it asked me to choose from 6 different settings (they were all 80 x 20 or 80 x 50 0F01or 80 x 60 0F07).  I chose 80 x 60 and it continued to boot up and I was able to see the "ok" on the right hand side (which is what I wanted).  But the story doesn't end here.
  After the system came up I edited the menu.lst file and added "vga=0F07" to the boot line.   Then I rebooted.  Well during the system shutting down, there was nothing but garbage on the screen (it did close the desktop and the rest of the apps normally).  It was just scrambled nonsense.  Then the system was coming back up and guess what, thats right it ignored the "vga=0F07" and booted as it always does with the right hand side off the screen????  But if I changed the line back to "vga=ask" it works fine when I choose the 0F07 setting.
  Sorry didn't mean to ramble here just trying to be thorogh with what happened.  Thank you for those web sites though.  They have lots of good info.

Phil

C M Reinehr wrote:
Philip,