Re: Error message 'std::bad_alloc'

++++++++ Lennart Sorensen 14:49 Wed 16 Apr      ++++++++

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 10:04:56AM -0700, Francesco Pietra wrote:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
   what(): St9bad_alloc

which occurs on running a chemical computational program (serial run) on a eighth logical 875 opterons system with 24GB RAM (all activated with shmmax and also setting the stack size to 'unlimited'), Debian amd64 etch.

The std:: would to me make me think C++ namespace 'std' function
'bad_alloc'.  So probably a bad_alloc function exists in C++ and is
returning an error.

It is a standard exception thrown when the new() operator fails.

Your running out of RAM, perhaps.

Do you build this program yourself from source?

I personally try to avoid dealing with C++ code anymore.  It is getting
too ugly after the STL stuff went in.

Nahhh, the STL is great stuff!

--
Only two kinds of witnesses exist.  The first live in a neighborhood where
a crime has been committed and in no circumstances have ever seen anything