Re: hibernate vs hibernate-ram ?

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 03:40:39PM +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> Second question:  Is there a way on a multi processor system to prevent the
> system to use both cores (yes, I know, can start as a single core machine)
> and after start up using the second (and now empty cpu) for one process ?

My guess would be to modify /etc/init.d/rcS from
exec /etc/init.d/rc S
exec numactl --physcpubind=0 /etc/init.d/rc S
(or better yet to modify the initrd)

The affinity of all subprocesses is inherrited, thus should be bound to
cpu0.

This offcourse will only function on a numa arch. But I guess smp has
similar controls.

--

 When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

   Daniel Tryba