hibernate vs hibernate-ram ?

Hello !

May this might not the right list to ask, but can someone tell me the reason,
why the command "hibernate" and the command "hibernate-ram" behave
different ?

This is strange, because "hibernate-ram" is just a symlink to "hibernate".

Second question:  Is there a way on a multi processor system to prevent the
system to use both cores (yes, I know, can start as a single core machine)
and after start up using the second (and now empty cpu) for one process ?

My idea was, to start the host system on one cpu, and when it is up, to start
a virtual machine (in my case "virtualbox") on the other cpu.

Somebody told me, this should work. Can I believe him ???

Regards

Hans