Re: Intel (s775) Johannesburg DQ35JOE mATX

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 08:20:32AM -0500, Justin Piszcz wrote:
> I use a 965 and p35 boards.
>
> The problem with the cache is annoying but just append mem=8832MB (for an
> 8GIB) config and it solves the issue (with the 965)-- no issue with the
> p35/gigabyte I have.

gigabyte was very quick to fix the BIOS bug when someone emailed them
about it.  So yes a gigabyte board would not have a problem anymore.
Some companies didn't ever have a problem in the first place that I know
of (I don't recall ever seeing asus mentioned as having this problem,
but asus does tend to rewrite most of the bios themselves, so they
probably cought it and fixed it before release).

I can't tell if my new board has any such issues (although I doubt it)
since I only have 2GB ram on it.  It uses the P35 chipset as well.  The
Q6600 is very very fast though.