Re: Kernel panics on new machine

Quoting Rob Klingsten <bladex@coldstripe.com>:

Yes, I have the DIMMs in banks 1 and 2 out of 4 and I've removed and
reseated them;  I have swapped out the SATA cable, there are no PCI or
PCI Express cards (system is headless.)

And it looks like it was just that easy;  I pulled one DIMM and ran the
system on a single 512, problem gone;  I wrote out 3 separate 100gb
files without incident.

It makes no sense to me as the RAM was fine in the other system, I
never had problems.

Sometimes dimms just need to be re-seated. Have you tried to put the stick
back in and confirm that your problems come back?