Re: Kernel panics on new machine

Rob Klingsten wrote:
Hi folks, I am over my head here with kernel panics...

I've got a shiny new system: Tyan S2865 (nforce 4 ultra), AMD Athlon x2 3800+, a single SATA-2 drive and 1gb of DDR400 RAM. The board and CPU are brand new, the drive and RAM came from a desktop machine which I had no problems with so I think those things are ok.

Does the motherboard require the RAM modules to be in pairs? If so, are they?

The usual warnings about seating of modules and cables also apply.