Re: googleearth

Am Samstag, 28. April 2007 schrieb Michael:
> Thanks Hans.
>
> > Add the path to the libs in ld.so.conf.
>
> Looks like didn't have to tweak anything manually (after using the --force
> option), maybe cause this is googleearth-package 0.6 then ?
>
> > Remeber to install nvidia-glx-32
>
> I did. (Do i really need to? I not even roughly understand what each of the
> various nvida packages is for)

The normal one are for real 64-bit applications, the nvidia-glx-legacy has
something to do withe the licenxse, the nvidia-glx-32 is for running
32-bit-applications, which are runnning under 64-bit (either with libs from
chroot or ia32-libs).

> At some point xorg couldn't find a proper nvidia driver, no matter i
> recompiled the module from the source for kernel 2.6.18 with m-a. I could
> solve it by updating anything to kernel 2.6.20 and to nvidia-<stuff>
> 0.9755, from unstable. I recompiled the new sources, dunno why but now it's
> working.

Yes, but I could never compile the nvidia-kernel-module on 32-bit system with
kernel 2.6.20 (there is a bugreport by me). In 64-bit, everything was o.k.

> > NOT install it in the chroot.
>
> ok.

The nvidia-glx in chroot seems to conflict with the nvidia-glx-32. This is,
because the kernel or the application wants to run the chroot libs and/or the
nvidia-glx-32 together (Don´t blame me, this is, what I guess) Anyway:
deinstallling those in the chroot is working.

>  m°

Regards

Hans

P.S.: I am using googleearth 0.6