Re: LibGL

A Dimecres 28 Febrer 2007 15:22, Lennart Sorensen va escriure:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 09:47:05AM +0100, Leopold Palomo Avellaneda wrote:
> > what does exactly means a diverted file?
>
> dpkg keeps track of all the files belonging to each package.  Sometimes
> more than one package wants to provide the same file, which of course
> would cause a conflict.  So in that case it is possible for one of the
> packages to use dpkg-divert to rename the files in other packages that
> conflict so that the package can install the file instead.  The diverted
> files will be renamed with something related to the package name
> appended to the name.  dpkg then notes this rename/diversion in its file
> list for those packages, so that it still knows which files belong to
> each package.  This avoids files being overwritten, and it means you
> know exactly which package each file belongs to, even in the few cases
> where there is a good reason for multiple packages to provide the same
> file.

Ok, it's very sophisticated but necessary to avoid problems as windows users
with the dlls.

> You can see an example of this in /var/lib/dpkg/info/nvidia-glx.preinst
> where it diverts a number of files belonging to xlibmesa by having dpkg
> rename them to *.xlibmesa before installing the files from nvidia-glx.
>
> It appears the /usr/lib/libGL.so link is actually created by the
> /etc/init.d/nvidia-glx startup script, if either libgl1-mesa-dev or
> nvidia-glx-dev is installed.  If neither is, then you don't have the
> headers for compiling and hence have no need for the symlink at all.
> You can always run '/etc/init.d/nvidia-glx restart' to check and update
> the links.

so, if I want to use a package -a library) , that use GL,  built with libmesa,
I cannot link against it using nvidia libGL lib?

Leo

Linux User 152692
PGP: 0xF944807E
Catalonia