Re: LibGL

A Dimecres 28 Febrer 2007 15:24, Lennart Sorensen va escriure:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 02:05:24PM +0100, tomek.fizyk@op.pl wrote:
> > Ok. Now I think I understand...
> > The libGL.so.1 is symlinked to the driver itself. That means that the
> > OpenGL apps have a direct access to the driver and you don't have to
> > worry about the 3D acceleration.
> >
> > But the devel libraries...
> > The libGL.so is symlinked to a MESA GL 1.2 library placed in nvidia/
> > subrir. Why the heck to GL 1.2??
> > Does it mean that when I use the nvidia-glx-dev and I want to compile
> > some OpenGL app that uses functions from OGL > 1.2, I have to load the
> > functions myself? ("The Windows Way" :[ )
>
> If libgl1-mesa-dev is installed, then compiling will use the mesa gl
> lib since that is what matches the header files chose to use.  If you
> have nvidia-glx-dev installed instead (you can't have both), then it will
> use the nvidia libGL instead.  It is all taken care of at boot time by
> /etc/init.d/nvidia-glx.  Of course if you haven't rebooted in a while,
> your links might be wrong.  Running the script with start or restart
> argument updates the links.

when, so _all_ the programs (or almost) in debian use the mesa libGL?

There's something wrong here. You cannot compile a program that is you have
the nvidia libGL (or ati) use it or the generic mesa?

Regards,

Leo

Linux User 152692
PGP: 0xF944807E