Re: LibGL

A Dimarts 27 Febrer 2007 16:00, Lennart Sorensen va escriure:
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 10:07:05AM +0100, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> > I don't understand this Lennart. Why do you need -dev to have libGL.so?
> > and why, if I have nvidia-glx I don't have libGL.so and the libGL.so is
> > pointing the mesa GL library?
> > If I have a nvidia driver and want to use all the resources of the
> > driver. Using the libmesa is a loss of the hardware. Probably I'm missing
> > something , but I don't now what.
>
> Because when compiling, you compile with libGL.so, which is a symlink to
> the version matching the header files you are using.
> Later on the
> program loads based on the version of the library if was linked against,
> in this case libGL.so.1, so only compiling should ever need the .so
> file.  Of course there are cases of people screwing up their compiling
> that manage to build a program that expects the .so file directly,
> although such programs must break the day the .so gets replaced with a
> symlink to the .so.2 version of the library (since it would have an
> incompatible ABI).

So, you are saying that _only_ when you compile you need the libGL.so (file or
link), because when you run a program the symbols inserted knows which
library use, so.1 or so.x, no?

The problem that I'm detecting is that I cannot use a libGL accelerated with
debian because I don't find any package that use libGL from nvidia driver.
The only option is that /usr/lib/nvidia/libGL.so.1.xlibmesa file, was a
special mesa lib that use the nvidia driver. And I think that is have been
changed by the maintainers in the last months.

For example, if I want to use the nvidia-glx-dev I have a lot of problems
because the dependencies:
$ apt-cache depends nvidia-glx-dev
nvidia-glx-dev
  Depends: nvidia-glx