Re: LibGL

A Dimarts 27 Febrer 2007 23:57, Lennart Sorensen va escriure:
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 11:46:17PM +0100, tomek.fizyk@op.pl wrote:
> > I don't use the nvidia-glx package - I use the nvidia installer from
> > nvidia.com and my libGL.so* files are:
>
> I prefer my system to not be broken (and using the nvidia installer WILL
> result in a broken system at some point).

me too. Always if the maintainer does a good job ... and all the packages that
use libGL could use all the libraries optimized for the different drivers.

> > libGL.so - > libGL.so.1
> > libGL.so.1 -> libGL.so.1.0.9746
> > libGL.so.1.0.9746
> >
> > And everything works fine in my case. And I think it's solved quite well.
> >
> > I don't understand one thing - if you install the nvidia driver from the
> > nvidia-glx package, does it result in some kind of 'layer' between the
> > OpenGL application and the driver itself (thru that
> > /usr/lib/nvidia/libGL.so.1.xlibmesa file)?? Or is it just another symlik?
>
> One should just be a diverted file (the nvidia-glx package diverts the
> mesa file to avoid a conflict, something the nvidia installer has no
> clue how to do, eventually resulting in breakage).

what does exactly means a diverted file?

Leo

Linux User 152692
PGP: 0xF944807E
Catalonia