Re: Kernel 2.6.19-rc4 custom debian package

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 17:13, Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:
> Dear friends,
> Because of several daily freezes under AMD64 + nvidia,
> I decided to make a custom 2.6.18-rc4 Debian package.
> I followed the normal procedure:
> * Download 2.6.18 kernel and patch agains 2.6.19-rc4
> This is done by patch -p1 < patch.txt
> * cp /boot/config.xxx /usr/src/linux
> * make gconfig (and save)
> * make-kpkg kernel-image --initrd
> * make-kpkg kernel-headers
> After kernel installation and reboot, the freeze *** seem to dissapear
> ***, as I could copy three DVDs of DV content to my hard disc.
> Just a few questions:
> * How do I enable console debugging in the kernel. I heard it was
> possible, after a crash, to hit a few keys and display an error message.
> * What 64 bits kernel flavor should I choose? Debian chooses standard,
> but I have an Athlon64x2. Should I choose Athlon64 type?
> If people are interested, I can publish my kernel debs. But I doubt it
> is very interesting, as it is so easy to build a custom package with
> Debian.
> Kind regards,
> Jean-Michel Pouré

This is documented in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sysrq.txt.
	"You need to say "yes" to 'Magic SysRq key (CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ)' when
configuring the kernel"

Debian 'Etch': Registered Linux User #241964
"More laws, less justice." -- Marcus Tullius Ciceroca, 42 BC