Re: xorg problem and 404 error on bugs

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 10:11:00AM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 09:44:59AM -0500, Douglas Tutty wrote:
> > I'm running Etch amd64 and trying to get xorg working, am having a
> > problem and trying to find the answer for myself.  I go to the debian
> > web site and try to look for relavent bugs (my first time doing this)
> > and find 381612 re dpkg-reconfigure not updating xorg.conf because it
> > says its been modified when it hasn't.  I can't find out how to read
> > discussion on this issue.
> >

> man dexconf.  Very handy to restore the x config back to the way it
> should be according to debconf.
>

> Does the nv driver support your card?  The 7300 is rather new, not sure
> if the xorg driver supports that yet.
>
> > I would like higher res/refresh.

Thanks Len,

In case I somehow messed up, I've purged xorg and am reinstalling
(downloading now).  No man page for dexconf although its there at
/usr/bin/dexconf and I see that the man page belongs to x11-common which
is still installed.

Re the nv driver: I don't know.  I'll try to look into this.  If its
just too-new hardware, I can wait.  While I would like higher
res/refresh, I can live with less as long as I can run a web browser.

Any idea on the 404 error?  How do I follow discussion of a particular
bug (e.g. 381612)?  How could I have found dexconf on my own?

Thanks,

Doug.