Installer Profiles

Hello maintainers and developers,

this time I call to you, cause a political question. What do I want ?

Well, when installing Debian at the first time, at a special point, Debian is
asking, which profile shall be installed. There is the
choice "Desktop", "Webserver" , ""Printserver" etc.

IMO these profiles should be made more precise, as when choosing "Desktop" ,
you get always Gnome as the windowmanager. Yes, I know, it is your choice,
but what I mean is, that there should be the chance for the user, to choose
another windowmanager at installation i.e. KDE, Fluxbox, XFCE or whatever he
likes. (Most of the people will choose Gnome or KDE, I think).

I do not know, if my meanings are in your policy. However, if you are willing
to change "tasksel", I would like to offer you my help. As I am no coder, I
could make a list with the needed packages for some profiles, if this will
help.

Do you (the developers and the maintainers) think, my thoughts are worth, to
think about it ? If not, o.k., just forget it and apoplogize my noise. :)

Best regards

Hans