Re: future of ATX?

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 10:23:04PM +0100, A.E.Lawrence wrote:
> PCI Express is a significant advance over standard PCI. (Better physics,
> primarily.)

High speed unidirectional serial links, versus slower parallel
bidirectional links.  It's a good change.  Whether you want PCI slots or
PCIe slots depends on which cards you intend to install.  Most people
don't add very many cards anymore, so it may not matter to most people.
I think personally I would prefer 2 or 3 PCI slots and 2 PCIe slots
(preferably x4 or x8 slots), plus one or two PCIe x16 slots for video
card(s).