Re: Can't install -- locks up

Yes, I only did one pass -- didn't have all night

The beta 3 seemed more stable, but it still hung when writing to the
MBR of the HD. So on the 4th attempt, I used a floppy to write the
GRUB installation. That all worked. Now, when it boots, everything
seems to go okay, then the screen goes blank. I think the cursed
graphical login isn't setup right (why it installs a graphical login
by default for a "desktop" setup is beyond me).

On 8/17/06, Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 09:58:36PM -0600, Andrew Robinson wrote:
> memtest86 test passed

You can't have run it for long. It needs hours to be thorough
(ie several passes).

Hamish