Re: Broken applications: Openoffice on AMD64

sigi wrote:
On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 10:50:13PM +0200, Thierry Chatelet wrote:

Adam Stiles wrote:

On Thursday 20 July 2006 14:47, sigi wrote:

I'm using this [64-bit OpenOffice.org] package since it's released, and
had
only very few
crashes. OOo only crashes while opening some MS-word files - with some
others it has no problem.

Saving documents failed never here - neither on .odt nor .doc-files.
Mostly I use OOo-writer - and that package seems to work very well.

Where can I get the .dsc, .diff and .tar.gz files to build this?  I'm
running 64-bit Sid.

Just apt-get install openoffice.org

Since when are the debs for amd64 in the official repositories?
I can't find them.
If you wanted to give a hint to download the source-files,
your command is wrong: apt-get source <package-name>
would be right, imho.

sigi.

If you go to there:
http://openoffice.debian.net/install.html
you will get the following information, and it worked for me:
Installing OpenOffice.org for debian is very easy with apt-get/dselect or dpkg.

1.Installing OpenOffice.org with apt-get.

If you are using debian-unstable (aka sid), debian-testing (aka etch) or debian-stable (aka sarge) you do not need to change /etc/apt/sources.list. If you are using debian-oldstable (aka Woody or Debian 3.0r4), you have to choose a mirror of our debian-packages-mirrors from here and put it in your /etc/apt/sources.list.
.

Ok, we will go ahead with the installation of OpenOffice.org.
Type apt-get update ; apt-get install openoffice.org.
You can do apt-get install openoffice.org openoffice.org-bin openoffice.org-l10n-en too, this will work! Choose openoffice.org-l10n-$CC for your CountryCode, that you want.
OpenOffice.org is now already installed in the debian-package, so, the only thing you need to do is just type openoffice into a shell or click on the icons at your WindowManager.
Thierry