Re: debian_amd64_sarge/testing

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 11:20:33AM -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> First, please don't top post.  Second, it is generally not necessary to
> CC everyone involved in the coversation.  We all read the list.

Assuming everyone reads the list is not a valid assumption.  People post
questions at times to the list without being subscribed.  Having them
miss the answer would be unfortunate.

And some of us are used to dealing with lkml where it is considered very
unacceptable to not include the cc list.  For heavy mailing list
traffic, having the cc to you for threads you are directly involved in
makes it much easier to not miss messages in that thread.

You can request that people not CC you in your messages, but don't whine
if they miss it.  It's even a habit to use reply-all on mailing lists
for many people because of things like lkml and some badly configured
lists that have the reply to set to the poster rather than the list.

Top posting does suck though.  That one I agree with.

My $0.02