Re: debian_amd64_sarge/testing

Francesco Pietra wrote:
> About ram, with:
>
> amd64 debian testing
> linux-image-2.6.15-1-amd64-k8-smp
> at the moment 2GB ram
>
> when, in few days, it will be upgraded to 8GB ram, is that kernel OK? If not,
> is any suitable one available from debian repositories,  or should I
> recompile the kernel and which CONFIG?

First, please don't top post.  Second, it is generally not necessary to
CC everyone involved in the coversation.  We all read the list.

I have two amd64 systems with 4 GB RAM and there was nothing special I
had to do.  In a 64 bit address space, 4 GB of RAM is not much.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto