sources.list ???

Yesterday, I used this:

    debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso

to install to an hp xw9300, dual opteron box.  The installation went
reasonably well; and I have a working CLI and the internet ;>

Please, let me be clear: I am a long time 32-bit intel user of debian;
and I am a brand new 64-bit and opteron user.

I have a couple of issues; and this message is confined to tuning my
sources.list:

    ### deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Etch_ - Official Snapshot amd64 Binary-1 (20060314)]/ etch main

    deb http://mirror.espri.arizona.edu/debian-amd64/debian/ etch main
    deb-src http://mirror.espri.arizona.edu/debian-amd64/debian/ etch main

    deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
    # deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main
    # deb http://security.debian.org/ unstable/updates main
    # Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
    ### deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main
    deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main

Obviously, that first line refers the that iso; and I no longer need it.

[1] Both of the arizona.edu lines were added during installation.

    What other sources should I use?  I want to be careful, and NOT mix
    into this system things that will confuse and/or break apt.  Also,
    as much as possible, the reason I acquired this system is to move to
    a clean 64-bit environment.

    The worst installation woe, so far, is the inability to install kde.
    X is working, because I can get into twm via xdm; but, kde is
    preferable to that; and gnome is something that I will consider, if
    necessary.

[2] Regarding the security section, following line was installed during
    installation; but, did NOT ever work:

      deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main

    I have tried the others there; and this is the only one that does
    NOT throw errors:

      deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main

    What is the best way to deal with security updates with this
    installation path?

I know that I have a lot to learn about this amd64 road.  Please, point
me to resources that I should read; and, please, offer suggestions,
especially trade-offs, regarding the options that I will face.

I greatly appreciate all help and direction -- thank you.

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,

helices