slow browsing with konqueror

Hello list,

I experience very slow browsing with konqueror. It takes a big amount of time
for konqueror to connect to the other side. Very often it tells me that is
waiting for reply.

With other Browers, e.g. internetexplorer on another box, browsing is much
faster.

I do not realy know where to start searching. There is ab bugreport about dns
look up with ipv6, but it depends on versions 3.3 and I think this should be
fixed.

My question is if this is a problem of my setup or if it is a general problem.

Thank you in advice.

W. Mader