Re: 1U server with 4 SATA ports and a 32-bit PCI slot

Am Dienstag, 21. März 2006 10:42 schrieb Eugen Leitl:
> > http://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/system/1U/1010/AS-1010P-TR.cfm
> > http://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/system/1U/1010/AS-1010P-T.cfm
> Looks as if both take registered memory only.

Interesting. To me that would be another reason to buy it :)
Though I guess somebody has confused the usual Opteron specs with those for
S939 here.

Errr....

No, you're right, it supports S940 only, the board is a two-socket one, with
the 2nd socket removed! So 2xx Opterons are needed here. Strange...
That adds like $200 for the CPU (36% more) for the x75, still in range if you
ask me. Take into account the rest of the system and it'll be like 10% extra
cost - ok, added cost for reg memory too, but you can throw upto 16 GByte (at
insane price levels) in, 8 GBytes affordable if needed. Vs. 4 GBytes max for
S939 of course.

But it's the only system that potentially meets David's needs et seems.

        Sönke