Re: 1U server with 4 SATA ports and a 32-bit PCI slot

Soenke von Stamm wrote:
You may have to test if the PCI-X slot is really compatible to the PCI card you're going to use, if you're going to order a dozen I'm sure someone will give you a test system before purchase.
Ay, there's the rub -- it's not. The Tyan Tomcat K8E fits the bill, however -- though it has the nforce4 chipset.

My one remaining question is actually whether I need sound on the motherboard to record sound via the PCI bus
from the grabber card -- does anyone know? (I'm asking on the v4l list).

The S2865G2NR has no audio, while S2865ANRF does; I'm assuming I need it to record sound, even if the sound
is taken straight off the grabber card through the PCI bus?

Best,
Dave
I guess, you'll need quite a new kernel for the ServerWorks chipset, but I tend to trust that one more than an nVidia solution I must say - from what I hear (from my sales rep at a systems builder) and read Tyan and Supermicro seem to lean towards SW too.