Re: Installing eclipse gives conflicts

Koos Vriezen wrote:

Hi,

I'm having trouble installing eclipse, due to a conflict between
eclipse-jdt-common (3.1.2-1) and eclipse-jdt (3.1.1-8) and depends on
eclipse-jdt-common=3.1.1-8.
Given that these packages  are from 10 feb. and I couldn't find this w/
google, I must overlook something.
Can someone give me a hint how to install eclipse?
Somehow the archive has got the 3.1.2-1 versions of the _all packages, and only the 3.1.1-8 versions of the _amd64 packages.

You could rebuild eclipse from source (it works-- but it took quite some time!) or I have the debs I built, that I could probably make available.

SRH