Re: Installing Debian on sata drive with adaptec aic-8130 controller
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Installing Debian on sata drive with adaptec aic-8130 controller
- From: Marc Blumentritt <M.Blumentritt@tu-braunschweig.de>
- Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:26:27 +0100
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <5EmQG-6Dwfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <20060126173902.GX18970@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060130142900.GC18970@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> <email@example.com> <43EB6DCD.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jo Shields schrieb:
> I have an associate who's been helping to test sata_mv.ko - apparently,
> "highly experimental" doesn't come near the true state of play
And he is right! sata_mv.ko of kernel 2.6.15 is not stable at all. My
system froze two times in two days and I did not use it a lot.
I will try another driver I found in a forum:
Let's see how this works.