libfox-ruby or fxruby

Hi list
I want to learn ruby and use gui too.
That fore I want to use the fxruby (in the debian Tree it is called
libfox-ruby)
Unfortunately I haven't found a package for x86-64.
So I tried to build it my self.
I added this lines to source.list
deb http://freeride.rubyforge.org/debian/ deb/
deb-src http://freeride.rubyforge.org/debian/ src/

Because of the build dependencies I have to build fxscintilla-1.55
But during running
 "dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc -rfakeroot"
I get the error, that the FOX libs are not found

".....
checking for fox/fx.h... yes
checking for FOX library... no
checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... no
checking whether pthreads work without any flags... no
checking whether pthreads work with -Kthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -kthread... no
checking for the pthreads library -llthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -pthreads... no
checking whether pthreads work with -mthreads... no
checking for the pthreads library -lpthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with --thread-safe... no
checking whether pthreads work with -mt... no
checking for FOX library with pthread... no
configure: error: FOX needed
"

The strange think is I already have installed
libfox1.0 und libfox1.0-dev

" dpkg -l libfox1.0

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)
ii  libfox1.0      1.0.52-2       The FOX C++ GUI Toolkit

 dpkg -l libfox1.0-dev

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)
ii  libfox1.0-dev  1.0.52-2       Development files for the FOX C++ GUI
Toolki
"
Do any one had installed it successfully?
Or have anyone a tip what is wrong and I can do?

Alex