Re: Openoffice 2.0.1

Emmanuel Fleury wrote:
> Hi Mickael,
>
> Mickael Marchand wrote:
>
>>wow, what a surprise !
>>
>>I've built the packages using your patch, and openoffice compile and
>>_works_ just fine (I initially just wanted to see what was broken ;)
>

> I find your lack of faith disturbing, Lord Marchand. ;-)
well, the only thing I heard about having a native OOo on 64 bits was :
"it' s just a dream, stop thinking about it" for months ;)
so I am really amazed, it seems you did a really good job :)

> In fact, I have been struggling with these bugs since one month and I
> fixed some of them first on the 2.0.0 (which was a bit pointless) but
> since I'm working on the 2.0.1, I really had hope to finish.

I did not know someone was working hard on this problem actually ;)

well, I haven't seen any bugs yet so it looks like a really good job,
I did not even expected it to fire up when I started the build :) (hence
my surprise :o)
(well, I am not a big OOo user, just basic usage ;)

> The patch attached to my previous mail is in the pipe to be included in
> the future 2.0.1 Debian package (I've discussed with the Debian
> maintainers of the OpenOffice packages). So, when the 2.0.1 will hit the
> road it won't be necessary to apply the patch again.
>
> Another thing !
>
> I would suggest to report bugs directly to Openoffice.org, NOT to the
> Debian maintainers. They might be NUMEROUS ones and the Debian
> maintainers are already over-loaded, so it would help to report it
> directly to the source.
>
> http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html

Yes, that makes sense.

>>I am currently uploading the packages I've built to a faster server
>>(ftp://ftp-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/linux/oo64/) so other people can test
>>and confirm I am not going crazy or doing some mistake :)
>

> Great ! Actually, I don't have a lot of time to maintain such
> repository. Thanks a lot.

well, I can rebuild and host these packages without trouble as long as
it's needed. It's no problem for me.

thanks again :)

Cheers,
Mik