Re: dvd film and K3b

Lennart Sorensen ha scritto:

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 04:22:58PM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
Well certainly the 'unable to open' needs fixing.

The format of a DVD is VERY picky since many dvd players don't actually
read the filesystem (which is UDF) but just the location of the first
file is fixed at the start of the disc and contains block offsets for
the remaining contents.

Of course copy protected movies have to be dealt with first before you
can even read the data.

Look for 'dvdbackup' package.  vobcopy merges the files rather than
leave them in the original format.

Also perhaps useful:

For burning something like this should work on the output of dvdbackup:

growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd -dvd-video /path/to/files

-dvd-video is the mkisofs option for making UDF filesystems in DVD
order.  -dvd-compat I believe turns on DAO mode and finalizes the disc
and makes sure the leadout is far enough in and all that stuff.

Len Sorensen

Thank you very much Len, I believe K3b makes an iso9660 dvd fs now unreadeble by libdvdread, instead of UDF.
I verify that with mount command, using

mount -t udf /dev/dvd /mnt/cdrom

works with master dvd but not with the backup K3b made.

Strange things is that dvd plays under windows app and standalone dvd player?!? Sure now I should merge iso9660 contents to UDF in order to get working xine. Does anybody know how?

--

	Franco Martelli.

ImoLUG Staff
http://www.imolug.org - info@imolug.org