Re: Confused: nvidia on AMD64???

I don't know about the rest of the list but there are some things I don't like to depend on my distro for.  Kernel source, alsa, and nvidia drivers just to name a few.  I just updated the latest nvidia drivers the other day and got them from nvidia.com at the url below:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html

They work just fine.