Re: Problem with NICs on Amd64 installer

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 15:06, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 11:47:43AM +0000, David Goodenough wrote:
> > Len,
> >
> > I tried loading this manually (I notice in expert mode that there is a
> > message saying that it needed this driver but could not find it) but it
> > does not appear to be there.  My guess (but only a guess) is that it is
> > not in the initrd image.  It certainly is not in the
> > /lib/modules/2.6.12.../kernel/drivers/scsi directoryat the time that it
> > comes to load the CD driver.
>
> i2o is in drivers/message/
>
> Who knows why.  If it isn't on the CD, I am pretty confused.
>
> Len Sorensen
I think I might have cracked it.  I think there are two drivers, and that
the dpt-i2o driver is an old driver and that the i2o driver in messages
is the right one.  I think also that the dtp-i2o driver is not built for the
AMD-64 architecture which may explain why it it loaded.

So it means that the problem is the hardware detection logic which
wants to load dpt_i20, and that it should be loading the drivers from
the messages directory.

David