Re: Cups On 64bit - Is it running?

On (22/11/05 18:09), studio-64 wrote:
> Something here:
> /usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: cupsys is broken or not fully installed
> 64studio:~#
>

> Re-install?

Yeah! Ah well now we are at least close to the problem and hopefully
near to a solution.

I suggest you use aptitude to add and remove packages:

As root or sudo do:

# aptitude reinstall cupsys cupsys-bsd cupsys-client

it should throw in a few dependencies

I always find this doc handy when playing with printing - coincidentally
I've just been sorting out a client's printing problem with a debian
print server and MacOSX and windows clients:

http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Debian-and-Windows-Shared-Printing.html

A lot of it won't be relevant but there's some good stuff in there :)

BTW - I'm copying this to the list - just in case somebody needs the
same info.  It's also customary on this list to post your answers below
so others can follow the thread.

Regards

Clive

--