Re: Cups On 64bit - Is it running?

On (22/11/05 14:57), studio-64 wrote:
> Hi
> When I try cups admin in my browser I get ' connection refused on
> locakhost:631' even as root.
>
> I assume it's not running, How do I start it?
>
> I have this in init.d:
> ***********************************
> 64studio:/etc/init.d# update-rc.d cupsys defaults
>  System startup links for /etc/init.d/cupsys already exist.
> ***********************************
>
> I assume its started at boot time, but I cant access it from the browser.

To check to see if it's running:

$ ps aux | grep cups

Then check your /etc/cups/cupsd.conf - near the end is <Location /admin>
section.  Make sure that you have something like:

## Restrict access to local domain
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1 192.168.1.*

If that doesn't reveal anything, you could try posting the conf file.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...